|Published||August 4, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
This position has primary responsibility for the general ledger, accounts payable bank reconciliations and income statements and balance sheet for individual restaurants and consolidated accounts for the whole company. This position assists with general accounting functions and works closely with store managers to ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting accuracy and timeliness.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Exhaustively detailed: You have relentless attention to detail and leave nothing to chance.
- A Management Accounting guru and Financial Accounting Hero: You possess solid working knowledge, along with experience in managerial accounting, and you have good enough skills to produce financial reports that impress our stakeholders
- A proficient time manager: Deadlines are a vital part of an Accountant’s life. You confidently charge toward them with proper planning and execution.
- A strong communicator: Whether verbal or written, you present information clearly and professionally. You also understand keeping your management in the loop is critical to the company’s success.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when you’re a part of a team; you enjoy collaborating and brainstorming with others, especially on new projects.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Complete journal entries in the general ledger for all company-owned and managed locations.
- Create and manage payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and prepayments
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including Balance Sheet, P&L, Cash Flow, and Cost of Goods Sold
- Prepare detailed account and unit-level analysis, identifying trends or unusual activity; displays the ability to research and resolve outliers effectively
- Prepare period-over-period, quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year trend analysis and variance explanations
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and perform other accounting functions as directed by senior management
- Calculate and Maintain Daily Charity report
- Collect, Assist and Manage the daily and month-end close process, including, but not limited to, the monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation, bank reconciliations, cashless payments reconciliations and other related close processes.
- Create and maintain adequate internal controls to ensure transactions follow Company policies and are appropriately reflected on the financial statements.
- Continuously develops technical skills in order to leverage systems for process improvements, in, but not limited to, routine tasks, schedules and close processes.
- Bank Deposits
- Assist in driving overall company profitability
- Work directly with external auditors to prepare schedules and provide audit support.
- Third-Party Delivery Service Reconciliations (Talabat, Jahez etc.)
- Tax filings
- Verifies accuracy of checks to invoices, corresponding purchase orders and receiving documentation.
- Responds to vendors regarding payments or invoices.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data and organising and reporting data in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage, pilferage, and efficiency.
- Prepare variance analysis for food & beverage and communicating with relevant parties.
- Check and verify voids in the POS systems.
- Check and verify discounts on the POS systems.
- Check and verify any happy hours discounts.
- Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems.
- Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts.
- Create a Budget and Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget.
- Continuously study weaknesses in F&B control implemented at the Hotel and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Check the daily Food & Beverage revenues report generated by the POS for the accuracy of covers and average check.
- Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to the cost of sales.
- Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head.
- Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe.
- Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorised persons.
- Responsible for maintaining the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Equivalent in Accounting or related major.
- Able to effectively control the Food & Beverage Cost.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel - v/h lookup, sumif, pivot tables) and ERP applications.
- Must possess a strong understanding of accounting software Tally
- Possesses the Know how’s of VAT
- Background in the restaurant industry or multi-unit retail
- Proven ability to collaborate with other departments, building relationships and gaining commitment and resources for finance-led initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities and consistently achieve deadlines.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills make recommendations based on findings. Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to work independently with little supervision while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Looks to add value through analyses with business recommendations and through a continuous process improvement mindset; seeks to challenge the status quo.
What we prefer:
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) / Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- 3+ years of general accounting experience within a multi-outlet restaurant company
- If you don’t have the above yet and believe you can thrive, we would love to have your CV.
- Discounted/Complimentary Meals for yourself, family and friends
- A great workplace with Gym and Swimming Pool and Great Views
- Working Directly under the Top management
- Health Insurance (Soon)
- Paid Ticket to Home country
Interested candidates can send their CVs